Phelan was a finalist for the Constructing Excellence 'People Development' award in 2019.
In 2018, Phelan was awarded the prestigious title of 'Construction Employer of the Year' by the NFB.
We send out a staff happiness survey quarterly to measure how our team is feeling and to get feedback.
Why Phelan Construction Ltd?
You will be visiting construction sites all over the UK with a majority being localised to our head office in Essex and London, varying everything from universities/schools to hotels. Flexibility, this is a full-time permanent role, allowing you to combine visits with working from home. You will have allocated admin days balanced with field visits. The company offers great benefits, such as car allowance, training for your CPD along with bonus schemes and employee perks and discounts.
Duties will include:
- The undertaking of SHE surveys of our client’s premises/construction sites and then the production or implementation of SHE policies, procedures and management systems.
- Always conduct yourself in a professional manner (including appearance, use of PPE, communications) ensuring that you comply with both company and departmental policies, procedures and protocols.
- Provide new sites with gap analysis in relationship to the current SHE Standards
- Attend internal and external handover meetings and advise on SHE initiatives and procedures to support new or existing sites.
- Submit evaluation reports and other client -related documents in accordance with the departmental protocols.
- Advise and liaise with the clients and site management in the use of the SHE Management systems.
- Assist the SHE Manager with reports and accident investigations.
- Assist and advise the site management with accident reports.
- Provide guidance on SHE protocols and procedures
- Attend company meetings, courses etc. when required to keep your knowledge current when working with best practices.
Skills and Experience required:
- Hold a certificate in IOSH/NEBOSH as a minimum, working toward Grad IOSH/CMIOSH would be an advantage
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and time-management skills
- Full UK driver’s license
- Ability to travel to national locations
- Self-motivated and work a part of holistic team
We have exceptional benefits package:
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Company pension with Smart Pensions
- Excellent training opportunities to progress and develop the employees and the business
- Company car or car allowance
If you are looking for a multi award-winning health and safety team to be a part of, offering a competitive salary and career development, then apply today. E-mail: [email protected]